Founded on 1699 by 10th Guru Gobind Singh (original name Gobind Rai) this religion is travels back in time to give credit of its origination to 1st Guru Nanak Dev. First 9 Gurus never claimed their separate identity from Hindus, despite clearly rejecting a few bad practices of Hindu religion. 10th Guru added “Singh” in their names and claimed a separate identity from Hindus. This was for mostly for political reason since Mughals were constantly attacking all non-muslims.
Sikhs are also people of book like Muslims and Christians as 10th Guru Gobind Singh told Sikhs to follow Guru Granth Sahib after his demise. Guru Granth Sahib for most of the part contains Gurubani, which means words of Gurus, and also contains some good writings from other writers of that time.
Hari Mandir Sahib (Golden Temple) situated in Amritsar, Punjab is the most sacred place for Sikhs.
Sikhs also believe in an unseen God like Muslims and Christians. Their symbol is
The details of 10 Gurus are as follow:
1. Guru Nanak Dev (14-Apr-1469)
2. Guru Angad Dev (31-Mar-1504)
3. Guru Amar Das (5-May-1479)
4. Guru Ram Das (24-Sept-1534)
5. Guru Arjan Dev (15-Apr-1563)
6. Guru Har Gobind (19-Jun-1595)
7. Guru Har Rai (16-Jan-1630)
8. Guru Har Krishan (7-Jul-1656)
9. Guru Tegh Bahadur (1-Apr-1621)
10. Guru Gobind Singh (22-Dec-1666)
11. Guru Granth Sahib (7-Oct-1708) till now